Reports to: Casting Sales Manager
Labor grade: Salaried exempt
Effective date: November 1, 2017
Summary of responsibilities
The Customer Service Representative will process orders and interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about orders, lead times, pricing, and expediting. This position requires a self-motivated, detail and goal oriented individual to create and maintain on-going relationships. A sense of confidence and a positive, friendly attitude are important. The Customer Service Representative candidate must have the vision, drive, and interpersonal skills to succeed.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• General customer service correspondence by phone, fax, mail, or e-mail
• Processes all incoming orders
• Edits orders received for pricing and delivery date discrepancies and enters into computer system
• Advises customer of changes to pricing, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
• Follows up on orders to ensure on-time delivery, monitor and track.
• Provides timely and accurate information to incoming customer order status requests
• Process customer orders/changes according to established department policies and procedures
• Confers with production, purchasing, and shipping to expedite or track missing or delayed shipments
• Process customer returns according to established department policies and procedures.
• Assist with preparing statistics and reports for management
• Assists with preparing quotes
• Maintains customer name and address database
• Process tooling and sample cost invoices.
• Create Proforma Invoices for customers that are subject to pre-payment.
• Process ASNs (advance ship notices) through buyers website as necessary
• Update orders through buyers websites.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required, Associates or Bachelor degree preferred. One to three years experience in customer service is also required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is required, other Microsoft Office software is preferred. ERP system and CRM software experience preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw in interpret graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Competence, awareness, and training
Competence, awareness, and training for probationary employees will be assessed by the “Training & Competency Checklist,” the evaluation conducted at 90 days, as well as other training as needed. Competence, awareness, and training for regular employees will be assessed when annual evaluations are conducted, along with other measurements in accordance with the area the employee is assigned to.
Baker Manufacturing Company, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.